I've been on a 20 year adventure building communities & businesses that make a positive impact. I love sharing what I've learnt & how we can all play a part in making a better future. I have been lucky to deliver 500+ keynotes, workshops and event hosting around the world.
I've worked with corporates like Samsung, ASML, and Virgin as well as big brands like Airbnb, Tony's Chocolonely & Fiverr. I've also been invited to many schools, clubs, communities including a mosque on an island in Myanmar and a CIA conference in Las Vegas!
I've consistently received positive feedback about the energy, stories and insights I bring which have led to changes implemented, connections made and even some giant leaps.
Recent speaking events:
- Earth AI, Hackathon co-Host and organiser, November 2023
- Catalyst, London Tech Week, Event Host, October 2023
- Keynote on 'Selling Sustainability' & Event Host at Global Marketing Summit, Istanbul, October 2023
- Pitch Competition & Event Stage host at Blue Earth Summit, October 2023
- Hosted the 100th Rebel Book Club, TechSpace, August 2023
- Keynote on Community Building at Northumbria Water Innovation Festival, Newcastle, July 2023
- Community Leaders Mentor & Film for Fiverr with Bukayo Saka, London, July 2023
- Keynote on Community Building at ASML Learning Confernece, Eindhoven, June 2023
Current Keynote Topics
All my talks and workshops are based on my experiences starting and building communities and impact startups.
How building community will make a difference to your work and the world.
Community is not marketing tactic or an 'add-on'. It has to be centre to all that we do. From eco-villages to book clubs, from career change schools to impact festivals - what I've learnt about what works and how powerful it can be when you bring people together. The secret to a strong community? Trust. I'll share the 5 'R's of community building.
What we're doing wrong & how to fix it.
Consumers want sustainability. The data proves it. But why do people say one thing and then do another. We're selling guilt offsets and worthiness. We should be selling value for the customer...that also delivers a more sustainable and fairer world. There are lots of great examples. Let's dive in.
Rebel Book Club
What reading 100 books with 5000 people taught us about work and life.
'Tsundoku' - the Japanese word for the growing pile of unread books on your bedside table. You too? Curious minds welcome as we start a new kind of book club and way to learn together.
Paradise or Bust
Lessons in building eco communities in remote regions.
"One day the world will come to Vorovoro!"
"I met you when I was 7 on Vorovoro Island. I wasn't old enough to appreciate it but the experience easily became the most important of my life. I'm now in my second year of my Environmental Management Degree and I've been obsessed with protecting our natural world since being on the island ." Robbie Cale